Saturday, October 23, 2004

Movie: The Final Cut

Date: 10/22/04
At Barrywoods 24 AMC theaters
Starring: Robin Williams & Mira Sorvino, among others

The Final Cut was not a great movie. Considering there were only 5 other people in the theater with me on a Friday night, I'm assuming it is not doing too well in official review literature either. Robin Williams played his character well, as he always does. But, the story, while it seems like it could have been intriguing, just did not grip my attention. I felt that the premise of the movie asked me to take too much for granted and did not adequately explain troubling aspects. Maybe this is the type of a film that a professional reviewer would say could benefit from better directorship. If I had to choose between thumbs up or thumbs down, I would have to pick the latter. I feel like I wasted a rare opportunity to see a movie on the big screen, but there really wasn't much to choose from.

No comments: