Monday, February 28, 2005

Movie: Spongebob Squarepants The Movie

Viewed at Globe $2 theater on 2/27/05 with Sharon and Dominic.

The movie was funny in a silly kind of way. I did not enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed some of the SBSP cartoon episodes on TV, but it had some parts that made me laugh. I thought the David Hasselhoff scene was most funny.

The movie revolves around a plot that has plankton trying to take over Bikini Bottom by sabotaging The Krusty Krab's secret recipe and using his inventions to make robots out of all of the sea creature inhabitants of the underwater town. Needless to say, it wasn't exactly a dramatic storyline. However, there were several good jokes, and I usually like watching SpongeBob and Patrick talking about the dumbest stuff. I was kind of tired, so I may not have enjoyed the movie as much as I would have had I been fully awake. Also, by the end of the movie, we had shared two large tubs of popcorn, and I was feeling the effects. Yuck!

No comments: