Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Movie: The Grudge

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Sarah Michelle Geller) is no match for the creepy entity known as the grudge. Stuck in Japan with her medical school boyfriend, she unfortunately has the bad luck to cross the path with a house that "holds a grudge" and curses all those who enter. Although I think this idea is based on a real Japanese folk-tale, I thought it was a pretty silly premise for a movie. This is not to say that the movie wasn't scarry, because in places it made me jump. I just like my fright movies a little more realistic, or if they are not realistic, then at least more intriguing. Sharon saw this movie at the theater with Lynae where she was really creeped out. She wanted me to watch it on video with her. We finally got a chance to watch a movie together at home this past weekend, and we chose The Grudge. I have a feeling we will be seeing a Grudge II in the future, given the ending which I did not like at all. Some people like movies that force you to come to your own conclusions at the end. I do not. I am not writing the movie, I'm going to see somebody else's story. If I wanted to come up with my own conclusions, I'd write stories myself.

Bill Pulman had a role in the movie. I enjoy his work.

No comments: